Performance Feedback is one of our one day courses.
AIM: When we think about giving others feedback on their performance, the first thought that comes to mind is usually negative. Too often givers focus on bad news and no-one really enjoys doing that! Recipients often expect only criticism and become ready to defend and argue. The aim of this course is to enable you to give regular, relevant feedback, both positive and negative. It will help you see the value of good feedback and will give you tools to maximise its impact. Your feedback will then motivate your people and enable them to achieve more.
OBJECTIVES: At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- use questioning, listening and observation skills to engage your team in deeper level performance conversations
- identify the specific areas of performance improvement that will generate maximum impact
- use the feedback model to plan an effective performance improvement conversation
- understand how to follow up initial feedback conversations to generate motivation for ongoing continuous improvement.
- What is great feedback? : To deliver great performance feedback we should be able to answer the following questions: What is feedback and what does great feedback look like? What is it used for and when does it work best/ not wor
- What are the skills that sit behind it? : To give feedback really successfully you need to be skilled at questioning others and drawing information out of them, listening to hear both what they are saying and what they are not saying. You need to have good observational and analytical skills to be able to decide which elements of their performance need to be worked on. These are the key skills we will focus on during the course.
- How to structure your feedback conversations: Using a six step process, you will take real life feedback scenarios and map out a plan for holding those conversations, you can use back at work.
- What are the common problems with giving feedback? : You will learn what they are and how to overcome them.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our one day courses.
Latest News and Resources
Are you ensuring your team get their breakfast?
To get the best from your team, give them feedback as soon as possible. Don't put it off for later or save for an annual appraisal Why is giving prompt feedback so impo...More..
Talent Development Programmes | UK and International Resources and Insights
Our new Influencing Style Profile is now available!
New Influencing Style profile now available! We are thrilled to announce our new Influencing Style profile is now available to support our Influencing programmes, or for individuals wanting t...
How to please the extroverts and introverts in your workplace
Does the person below sound familiar to someone you work with? Then chances are they are an extrovert! These are they kind of activities that keep our extroverts energised and happy in the work pla...
Contact Consulting is 25 years old!
Contact Consulting is 25 years old! We can’t quite believe it but we are 25 years old this November! That’s a lot of training, development and facilitation supporting our valued ...