Creating Mentoring Excellence in Nestlé Waters
Nestlé Waters wanted to retain and engage talent throughout the organisation and to help accelerate the career development of high potential people. Formal mentoring programmes were specifically identified in Nestlé as one of the best ways to support people to achieve their mid to long term career development goals.
We helped Nestlé Waters break down the project into manageable sections. We designed a bespoke programme in partnership with them which consisted of 5 elements:
- A half day mentee induction programme designed to be delivered by their HR Business Partners
- A one day skills development programme for mentors
- Individual guides for both mentors and mentees
- A mentoring toolkit which HR Business Partners can use with their mentors to support both skills development and the mentoring relationship. This contains models, exercises and resources which the mentor can use for their own self development and during the course of the mentoring relationship with their mentee.
- A process map for HR Business Partners to help them implement a customised mentoring programme which meets the specific needs of their business area/market
The interactive sessions gave opportunities for mentors to share their experiences, to role play situations they may encounter and to take part in exercises. on a recent programme the 6 participants were based in China, France, Argentina and the UK, the feedback for the sessions was excellent.
As well as global internal networking, the sessions are allowing Nestlé Waters to cost effectively train their mentors.
Do you want to introduce a successful, staged mentoring scheme? Please contact us
Latest News and Resources
Are you ensuring your team get their breakfast?
To get the best from your team, give them feedback as soon as possible. Don't put it off for later or save for an annual appraisal Why is giving prompt feedback so impo...More..
Talent Development Programmes | UK and International Resources and Insights
Our new Influencing Style Profile is now available!
New Influencing Style profile now available! We are thrilled to announce our new Influencing Style profile is now available to support our Influencing programmes, or for individuals wanting t...
How to please the extroverts and introverts in your workplace
Does the person below sound familiar to someone you work with? Then chances are they are an extrovert! These are they kind of activities that keep our extroverts energised and happy in the work pla...
Contact Consulting is 25 years old!
Contact Consulting is 25 years old! We can’t quite believe it but we are 25 years old this November! That’s a lot of training, development and facilitation supporting our valued ...