Managing Underperformers is one of our one day courses.
AIM: When you have an underperformer in your team, they take up a lot of management time and drain the motivation of the team as a whole. Being able to turn the situation around as quickly and as painlessly as possible is an essential skill. The aim of this course is to help identify the real causes of underperformance and, having identified them correctly, know and apply the best fit solution to turn the situation around.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Spot the early signs of underperformance
- Identify the fundamental causes of underperformance
- Structure effective performance conversations
- Give clear and constructive feedback
- Set and use SMART objectives to ensure improvement
- Monitor and measure progress more effectively
- Use HR support where appropriate or necessary
- Causes of Underperformance: What are the underlying causes of underperformance and which of these applies to your people?
- Addressing the Issues: How to gather relevant performance data and use it to structure and hold an effective performance conversation. How to use positive constructive feedback to drive future performance
- Objective Setting: How to construct SMART objectives that gain buy-in from your member of staff
- Basic HR support: When to ask for it, how to use it
Please contact us if you would like to fine out more about our one day courses.
Latest News and Resources
Are you ensuring your team get their breakfast?
To get the best from your team, give them feedback as soon as possible. Don't put it off for later or save for an annual appraisal Why is giving prompt feedback so impo...More..
Talent Development Programmes | UK and International Resources and Insights
Our new Influencing Style Profile is now available!
New Influencing Style profile now available! We are thrilled to announce our new Influencing Style profile is now available to support our Influencing programmes, or for individuals wanting t...
How to please the extroverts and introverts in your workplace
Does the person below sound familiar to someone you work with? Then chances are they are an extrovert! These are they kind of activities that keep our extroverts energised and happy in the work pla...
Contact Consulting is 25 years old!
Contact Consulting is 25 years old! We can’t quite believe it but we are 25 years old this November! That’s a lot of training, development and facilitation supporting our valued ...