Managing Emotions is one of our one day courses
AIM: Pressure for results, long hours, change, demanding ambiguous situations can all produce emotional reactions that can frequently take us by surprise. Whilst all of us are susceptible to sudden emotional reactions, there will be some people who have more difficulty controlling themselves.Their behaviour can quickly destroy trust and working relationships with negative consequences for performance. This course will develop some key skills to manage emotions constructively in yourself and others.
OBJECTIVES: At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the specific causes of negative emotions in your workplace
- Create the conditions for more positive emotional behaviour at work
- Spot the signs of trouble and intervene earlier
- Develop techniques to manage emotional reactions in yourself or in others
- Use techniques to diffuse emotion and channel energy constructively
- Emotions and behaviour – understanding the link
- Emotional intelligence – the building blocks
- Triggers – how to identify and interrupt patterns
- Techniques to diffuse situations and people
- Non- judgemental listening skills
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our one day courses
Latest News and Resources
Are you ensuring your team get their breakfast?
To get the best from your team, give them feedback as soon as possible. Don't put it off for later or save for an annual appraisal Why is giving prompt feedback so impo...More..
Talent Development Programmes | UK and International Resources and Insights
Our new Influencing Style Profile is now available!
New Influencing Style profile now available! We are thrilled to announce our new Influencing Style profile is now available to support our Influencing programmes, or for individuals wanting t...
How to please the extroverts and introverts in your workplace
Does the person below sound familiar to someone you work with? Then chances are they are an extrovert! These are they kind of activities that keep our extroverts energised and happy in the work pla...
Contact Consulting is 25 years old!
Contact Consulting is 25 years old! We can’t quite believe it but we are 25 years old this November! That’s a lot of training, development and facilitation supporting our valued ...