Effective Meetings - One Day Course
Effective Meetings is one of our one day courses.
AIM: Time is a precious resource and no-one wants their time wasted. Yet many of the business meetings we attend leave us with the feeling that nothing much has been accomplished and our time could have been better spent elsewhere. This course will give you the skills and tools to achieve more focused and productive meetings. Participants at these meetings will leave with more energy and enthusiasm to push things forward and make progress.
OBJECTIVES: At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Plan and prepare more purposeful meetings (conference call meetings, face to face meetings, video/web conference meetings)
- Create structures for outcome focused meetings – objectives, agendas, minutes, actions etc.
- Lead meetings
- Build effective meeting behaviours and ensure full participation
- Handle destructive meeting behaviours
- Build consensus and gain agreement for clear decisions
- Planning: What are the key questions we need to ask before attending a meeting and how to set purposeful meeting objectives
- Preparation: How to prepare a meeting to ensure clarity of focus and output during it. How to create a workable and effective agenda
- Behaviours: How to ensure participants all contribute and how to challenge and reduce unhelpful behaviours
- Action: How to build consensus on decisions and actions
Please contact us if you would like to find our more about our one day courses
Latest News and Resources
Are you ensuring your team get their breakfast?
To get the best from your team, give them feedback as soon as possible. Don't put it off for later or save for an annual appraisal Why is giving prompt feedback so impo...More..
Talent Development Programmes | UK and International Resources and Insights
Our new Influencing Style Profile is now available!
New Influencing Style profile now available! We are thrilled to announce our new Influencing Style profile is now available to support our Influencing programmes, or for individuals wanting t...
How to please the extroverts and introverts in your workplace
Does the person below sound familiar to someone you work with? Then chances are they are an extrovert! These are they kind of activities that keep our extroverts energised and happy in the work pla...
Contact Consulting is 25 years old!
Contact Consulting is 25 years old! We can’t quite believe it but we are 25 years old this November! That’s a lot of training, development and facilitation supporting our valued ...